Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Goan Gym, 1月16日(水)

The basic attack was gyaku hanmi katate dori. From this we were able to go through a number of techniques, the first of which was kokyu nage. I discovered in this one that one has to adapt to uke's movements. I know this is very basic but there are several techniques which give me trouble in terms of connection with uke. Irimi nage immediately comes to mind.

Anyway, next was kote gaeshi. The way i saw it, this was the ura version. And finally the most challenging was uchi kaiten sankyo. This is a rather long combination and we had to break it down in bits to understand it.

The jo session was spent reviewing the first part of sansho? 1. Personally I still can't do simple strikes like kesa with the right distance. My center is also all over the place when handling the jo. Still a long way to go, but I am confident that under Mateusz's guidance we are headed in the right direction.

No comments: