Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday's Class

Okay, have you read my last post? Welcome to the cycle of Aikido; now I'm on the downward spiral. Last session was 'Ultimate coolness!' This one 'Ultimate not coolness!'. Nothing worked for me! I just can't quite get the up and down - it's a roller coaster. A technique works today - next day it's another story. For me, today's class reminds me of the importance on taking that one more step - hopeful next class will be my up ride. But coming to think of it, there is also riding upside down - all this is just confusing (and reflects my current state of Aikido) - so I'll just stop here.

Quick summary of today's techniques; all TachiWaza AiHanmi Sankyo:
  • KatateDori Omote & Ura versions
  • Yokomen Tenkan Kaiten variant - and for Daniel 'YokomenUchi' :) Thanks for reading the posts. Can't wait to be your Uke :)

Weapons was Jo Sansho 1.


Important notice: Next class is next Wednesday

2 comments:

november said...

My personal experience reflects the very same impression. The whole progress comes in waves... Up and down, up and down... I remember having like 2-3 months ups and downs, not from class to class...

I just hope with each down I go down a little less and with each up I go a bit higher...

The key is to not give up. This is why good teacher is so important - he's not only technical reference but also an inspiration.

Peter said...

I'm grateful for your constant encouragement and direction.

It seems I'm back to the drawing board (lost count of how many times) for another take - my Aikido has to work :)