Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 session at the Goan Gymkhana

It was my first Wednesday session this year and I was out to make full use of the session especially the weapons session which I am lagging behind but unfortunately Sensei could not make it due to an unavoidable occurence thus,the session lasted two hours unlike the usual three hours.

Ben Sempai took over the first hour which consisted of:

-Ai Hanmi Katate dori Sankyo(Omote and Ura).

-Yokomen uchi Shiho Nage and Kaiten Nage respectively.

Daniel Sempai owned the second hour and we went through:

-Gyaku hanmi Katate dori Kokyu Ho.

-Ai Hanmi Katate dori Kiri Otoshi,Irimi Nage and a form of choke hold that left Uke gasping for air if not passing out all together!

My Sankyo 'cut' is still unrefined and hopefully with more practise,I shall be able to undertake it flawlessly.

Next session:February 3, 2012 at the Japan Information and Culture Centre hall.

No comments: