Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday, August 30, 2013 session at the JICC multipurpose hall

Being the last session of the month of August,I was looking forward to beginning the month of September in style and I got more than what I bargained for.

Naoki Sempai came along with a pretty & jolly Japanese lady by the name of Misaki(I hope I got the name correctly)who informed me that she began practising Aikido back in Japan though it has been five years since she last practised Aikido seriously but from the way she did Ukemi and the other attacks/techniques during the session,she has not lost her 'Aikido touch'.

After going through a warm up session including Mae & Ushiro Ukemi from both Suwari and Tachi Waza respectively,Naoki Sempai guided us through the following attacks/techniques:

-Katatedori Shiho Nage(Omote & Ura).

-Shomen Uchi Ikkyo(Omote & Ura) and a version of Uchi Kaiten Nage.

-Yokomen Uchi Shiho Nage (Omote & Ura)with Ura featuring two versions and Irimi Nage(which was the session's show stopper for me).

-Tsuki Kote Gaeshi and Ikkyo Omote respectively.

Before the session ended,we did Randori on some of the attacks/techniques we learnt and that was the time the fit & unfit were seived....I guess we should have more of Jiyu Waza/Randori especially during the Friday sessions.

NEXT SESSION:TUESDAY,SEPTEMBER 3 @ THE JICC CONFERENCE ROOM

No comments: