Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thursday, November 12, 2015 session at the JICC Conference Room

The warm up session was quite brief and was followed by Mae and Ushiro Ukemi as well as a series of breakfalls courtesy of Douglas Kohai before he embarked on the second part of the session with the following:

-Ai Hanmi Katatedori Ikkyo Omote & Ura respectively.

-Ai Hanmi katatedori Sankyo Omote.

-Ai Hanmi Katatedori Shiho Nage Omote and Ura respectively.

-What we fondly refer to as Kata Gatame through the opening of Ai Hanmi Katatedori.

Haishin Undo was in order after a series of Ukemi and breakfalls to stretch the weary backs.

P.S. Susan hinted to me that there is a possibility there will be no Aikido sessions during the last week of this month due to the Pope's visit to Kenya and that this year the Japan embassy might close earlier than usual as a result of a conference that is scheduled to take place but she stated that once all has been confirmed, she will communicate to us in due course.

NEXT SESSION: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17 @ THE SAME VENUE

1 comment:

Daniel Areba said...

Hey guys, since I am on extended leave from work, I decided to apply for a visa to go back for uchideshi with Piotr Sensei. If the visa is granted, I might be going on the 17th of November. I am sorry that we might not meet before I leave, mostly due to the reason that I am not staying in Nairobi. However, my prayer is that I will come back still alive, and stronger, so that we can build a formidable team. I would like to encourage anyone who can to try the uchideshi program, as it has more to offer. See you soon. Cheers!