Tuesday, September 28, 2010

At Aga Khan Sports Club

The Tuesday class was so unique in that we did so many versions of the same technique, at the end I was amazed at how wide aikido is. I think one can practice his whole life and still not exhaust all the possibilities.

Basically we did like,…ok I lost count. We practiced many versions of gyaku-hanmi kokyu-nage/kokyu-ho. I am not fully conversant with the names, so I can’t give a break-down. All I know is that at some point there was sumi-otoshi and ryote-dori. Yeah, not forgetting suwari-waza. You just have to be physically there to take advantage of all these cool techniques.

To top it all off, we finished with the first 3 basic forms (katas?) of the bokken. Of course we only knew 2, but we learnt the 3rd one at that time.

No comments: