Monday, April 30, 2012

Friday, April 27, 2012 session at the Japan Information and Culture Centre hall

The whole of last week I have been unable to make contributions to the blog as the browser I was used to no longer supports blogger.com but all in all I hope that all is well now.

For starters,last Monday and Wednesday's sessions consisited of 3 Kyu and some 2 Kyu techniques but as for last Friday's session,it all began with Mae Ukemi from Tachi Waza and since for the first 10 minutes or so it was Sensei and I alone,I was glad Sensei pointed out the bad habits that I am used to especially bending the elbow when rolling and I will try my level best to correct this.

The techniques and attacks Sensei took us through the two hours are as follows:

-Ai Hanmi Katatedori:Ikkyo(Omote,Ura),Nikyo(Omote,Ura,Sankyo(Omote,Ura)and Yonkyo(Omote,Ura. -Sumi Otoshi from both Ai Hanmi Katatedori and Gyaku Hanmi Katatedori respectively.

-Shorter versions of Nikyo and Sankyo from the Ai Hanmi Katatedori stances. -Gyaku Hanmi Katatedori Shiho Nage(Omote,Ura).

-Shiho Nage through Tenkan.

-Ryotedori Kote Gaeshi and Irimi Nage.

-Yokomenuchi Sankyo(Omote,Ura).

Despite the heavy downpour just before we began the session,I was heavily drenched in sweat after the two hours...talk of a great body workout!

No comments: