Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Monday, January 23, 2012 session at the Goan Gymkhana

Having missed out on a number of Aikido sessions between November last year to early this month seemed to have had an effect on me as evident on my poor showing during Friday's and yesterday's session and one could easily tell I was 'groping in the dark'.....

Back to the day's techniques,Ben Sempai took over the first hour and immediately after warming ourselves up with some exercises the techniques(from Tachi Waza) that followed were from the Ai Hanmi Katatedori stance:
-Nikyo Ura
-Sankyo Omote

Daniel Sempai took over the second hour and we quickly reviewed:
-Ai Hanmi Katatedori Sankyo Omote,Yonkyo and a version of Kokyu Nage(I guess it is Kata Gatame) that sends Uke spiralling down on the 'tatami'....

The day ended with Kokyu Ho Kokyu Dosa and good old Haishin Undo....

I bet to reap the most benefits from Aikido I will have to be a regular thrice weekly....the ball is in my court.

No comments: