Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 session at the Goan Gymkhana

It was 'weapons Wednesday' as I usually like calling it and I usually love the weapons sessions especially Iaido as I get to simulate using a real sword.

FIRST HOUR-AIKIDO

-Kata Dori:Nikyo(Omote & Ura)and Shiho Nage(Omote & Ura)respectively.

-Shomen Uchi:Kote Gaeshi and Irimi Nage(both Omote)respectively.

-A technique whereby Uke is twisted off balance by Tori's forearm while holding Tori(Kata Dori)and Tori can either knock him out with a fist or throw him down.

SECOND HOUR-WEAPONS(BOKKEN)

-After several Bokken exercises,Sensei reviewed Ichi no Tachi.

THIRD HOUR-BATTO-HO

-For the first time this year I was glad I could still recall the first seven forms in Shindo Munen Ryu even after waking up the following morning and I am glad Sensei reviewed the forms once again and I look forward to mastering all the twelve forms.

NEXT SESSION:FRIDAY,JUNE 29 AT THE JAPAN INFORMATION AND CULTURE CENTRE 'DOJO'.

No comments: