Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday, September 6, 2013 session at the JICC multipurpose hall

I have come to realise that most of those who join Aikido for the first time really underate it taking for example yesterday I was speaking to a newcomer and he informed me that he would like to join a martial art that is more "macho" since according to him Aikido is "soft".We are all entitled to our opinions but I don't think anyone that underates any martial art should even consider calling themselves a martial artist.

The session was all fun considering that the better part of it was dedicated to warm up exercises and Ukemi before Daniel Sempai guided us through the below mentioned techniques all executed from the Katatedori stance:

-Kote Gaeshi Omote(aka Reverse Kote Gaeshi).

-Sokumen Irimi Nage.

-Rokkyo.

Once again we had the priviledge of being joined by yet another pretty Japanese lady who spoke very good Kiswahili and who informed me that she began practising Aikido when she was little back in Japan though it has been quite a while since she was on the mat.

Naoki also informed me that Masaki(the jolly Japanese lady from last Friday's session) left Kenya for Japan since she was only here for one week.I hope to see more of her soon.

NEXT SESSION:TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 @ THE JICC CONFERENCE ROOM

No comments: