Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Aikido words

I do not have any knowledge,working or otherwise of Japanese.And this,I convince myself is the reason I still have not mastered the names of most of the techniques and stances.
I refuse to believe it has to do with my lack of concentration in class.Most of the time,one joint or other in screaming in pain or am wondering what'll I will have for dinner(Disclaimer-the information here shall not be used against me)
So maybe,a tiny percentage(o.1-9.9%)can be blamed on me,the rest is because I do not know Japanese.
Then I read somewhere that when u write down something,it's harder to forget so I will write and see if this will work.
Common names used in Aikido-Nikio,Ikyo,Kokyo,Rokyo,Yakohami,Aihami,Omote,Ura,Kote nage,Tenkan,Shiho nage,Uke(am assuming Japanese is like Swahili where the how the word is pronounced is the same way it's written)

To be continued...................

No comments: