Monday, May 14, 2012

Friday, May 11, 2012 session at the Japan Information and Culture Centre hall

Fridays are usually very ineteresting and one of the main reasons I believe this is so is due to the fact that it is the only session of the week that we get to train on a surface that I could brand 'semi-tatami'.

It all began with Mae and Ushiro Ukemi from both Suwari Waza and Tachi Waza but what stood out for me was when Daniel Sempai took it further by perfoming Ukemi over four colleagues crouching....I must say that will take me a while before I can gain such confidence.

Apart from Ukemi,some of the techniques and attacks we went throught were:

-Ai Hanmi Katatedori Ikkyo(Omote and Ura).

-Shomen Uchi Ikkyo(Omote and Ura)in both Suwari Waza and Tachi Waza.

-Shomen Uchi Nikyo(Ura).

-Shomen Uchi Kokyu Ho.

The two hour session ended with the familiar back stretch Haishin Undo and it was good to see Naoki back after quite a while.

No comments: