Monday, May 28, 2012

Friday, May 25, 2012 session at the Japan Information and Cultural Centre hall

The day that seemed so distant was finally here and I was looking forward to grading for Sankyu but before we get there,we had one hour or so to 'get tired' and this is how it all went down:

-Mae and Ushiro Ukemi from both Suwari Waza and Tachi Waza.

-Yokomen Uchi Shiho Nage(Omote and Ura).

The techniques mentioned below were all performed from a Shomen Uchi attack:

-Sumi Otoshi(Suwari Waza and Tachi Waza).

-Irimi Nage.

-Tenchi Nage.

-Kata Gatame.

-Rokyo.

Sensei undertook the grading and it was Brian and I who went first doing our thing before Jason did his thing later on.All in all I gave it my best only that I had trouble controlling Uke which is something I have to work on ASAP as even in a real life attack,if I can't control my attacker then it is game over for me!

Congrats to Jason and Brian and at least now Nairobi Aikikai has an additional Hakama wearer.

No comments: