Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 session at the Goan Gymkhana

It was all about an Ura attack during the first hour and mostly dedicated to Shiho Nage.

Sensei stressed the importance of being close to Uke and the speed of executing the Shiho Nage technique which is a very dynamic technique especially when done on tatami.

FIRST HOUR-AIKIDO

-Ai Hanmi Katatedori and Gyaku Hanmi Katatedori Shiho Nage Omote and Ura both static and non-static.

-Shomen Uchi Shiho Nage(Omote,Ura).

-Yokomen Uchi Shiho Nage (Omote,Ura).

-Ai Hanmi Katatedori Nikyo Ura(different version).

I have realised that each time Sensei goes through a technique I pick up on something that I had not known about and that is what makes me love Aikido sessions where Sensei takes part as Uke as I get to feel a real life attack.

SECOND HOUR-WEAPONS(JO)

During the second hour,Sensei continued on the Jo basics and it was basically from a Tsuki attack and we went through the following:

-Choku Zuki.

-Kaeshi Zuki.

-Harai Zuki.

-Maki Otoshi 1 & 2.

-Kaeshi Uchi Otoshi 1 & 2.

-Maki Uchi Otoshi 1 & 2.

-Kesa Uchi 1,2 & 3.

-Otoshi Zuki 1 & 2.

-Kaiten Uchi Otoshi 1 & 2.

THIRD HOUR

There was no Batto-Ho as we took a vote of whether to do Batto-Ho or go for a drink and Batto-Ho was outnumbered in favour of a drink and thus a drink it was.......


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice third hour

Sarah said...

Nice third hour

daniel said...

Hey guys, barely 4 days in this remote area called Voi and reading your postings feels so nostalgic. Due to my poor foresight, i never had the sense to save for and buy me a laptop so that i could always keep in touch with the world outside Voi, but i hope to correct that soon enough. Now am just depending on very slow internet in the scarce cyber cafes around town. As expected, settling in is not smooth,so am still house-hunting etc. In short, I miss aikido with you guys. I hope to be with you on some weekend for some fun, maybe even the 'third hour' kind of fun.

Aguta said...

As I was reading the post, I had a feeling Sarah would comment... and I was spot-on....on the comment

Aguta said...

As I was reading the post, I had a feeling Sarah would comment... and I was spot-on....on the comment