Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Friday, July 6, 2012 session at the Japan Information and Culture Centre

It has been about one week since I last contributed something to the blog due to unavoidable circumstances but I have since resolved them and hopefully I will be contributing regularly to the blog.

Last Friday's session was the first full session I had ever taught and it was a huge task for me since I had never done it before and also due to the fact that I am only 15 months old in Aikido thus there are very few techniques that I can effectively teach but I gave it my best shot.

There were two new faces present and they had a tonne of questions about Aikido but I informed them that they would have to wait till Sensei is back for them to get the best responses to their querries.

After doing Mae and Ushiro Ukemi from both Suwari Waza and Tachi Waza,the techniques that followed were:

-Ai Hanmi Katatedori:Irimi Nage(Omote)and Shiho Nage(Ura) respectively.

-Gyaku Hanmi Katatedori Sumi Otoshi(Omote)and a shorter version of Nikyo(Ura).

-Ryote dori Tenchi Nage(Omote).

No comments: