Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sensei Sam

Obviously all teachers have their own style.Sam's style was refreshing,mostly because it was in Swahili.Sensei Mateusz only uses two Swahili words in the dojo;pole  pole

We had two new beginners and one old one and we went through Nikyo,Ikyo,Shiho Nage,Kyoku Ho in Omote and Ura.Rokyo turned out to be a bit complicated for the beginners.

One of the things that occurred to me is that now am the one in the know.The beginners were fumbling through the steps and grips bit I wasn't.It also occurred to me that I have been really listening in class-maybe I wasn't following the instructions but I was definitely hearing them and now those tiny details that Sensei Mateusz was insisting on somehow came to mind.

It was a very interesting class and the reason Sam didn't blog about the Fri class is because he was the Sensei then as well.

Well done Sam.

No comments: