Monday, August 29, 2011

Friday,26 August 2011 session at the Japan Information and Cultural Centre 'dojo'

I wonder if I am the only one but two hours of Aikido seem to fly so fast nowadays.Anyway last Friday we had a Kohai by the name of Yassin.
The first hour by Daniel Sempai consisted of warm up exercises followed by Ushiro and Mae Ukemi from Suwari Waza not forgetting the exercise whereby one attempts to lead the other down the imaginary triangle thus distabilising his balance.
In the second hour,Sensei took over and we began with Soto Kaiten Nage Omote and the Soto Kaiten 'stretch' whereby one stretches the other until he taps out.
There was also Soto Kaiten Kata gatame and I must say I found it quite a challenge bringing down Uke but I hope to perfect that in the sessions to come.
Other techniques of the day which were mainly from the Shomen Uchi attack were:Iriminage,Kokyu Ho,Tenchi Nage,Kata Gatame and Sumi Otoshi and Gyaku Hanmi Rokyo.In Shomen Uchi Sumi Otoshi,Sensei stressed the importance of Tori keeping the arms straight when going for Uke's elbow.
I must say Gyaku Hanmi Rokyo made me sweat especially pinning Uke's elbow under my armpit but finally I managed to execute the technique.To top it up all there was the back stretch commonly refered to as Haishin Undo.......Great class!

No comments: