Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 session at the Goan Gymkhana

Tony sempai took us through some warm up exercises before Daniel sempai 'officially' took over the session.
It all began with Mae and Ushiro Ukemi from Suwari Waza in addition to various warm up exercises we went through including my favourite-doing a hand stand against a wall.

Ryote Dori Shiho Nage in both Omote and Ura and Tenchi Nage made me sweat as we embarked on some Yonkyu techniques.

Next up was all about Kokyu Nage in Morote Dori and Gyaku Hanmi stances with the former giving me quite a hard time!
We went through Shomen Uchi Nikyo:Omote and Ura before calling it a day with a review of the eight Bokken Kata(without any Bokken).

The exercise that made my evening was the one where my partner dragged me on my back on the 'dojo' floor-Phew! After being dragged across the floor at high speed,I thought my Gi was worn out at the back and I had to budget for a new one(lol)!

No comments: