Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monday, September 5, 2011 beginner's session at the Goan Gymkhana

It certainly was not one of my favourite Mondays but after the two hour Aikido session I must admit I felt much better.
Ben Sempai took us through the paces with a jog around the 'dojo' followed by some physical exercises and Mae Ukemi from Suwari Waza.We then went over some more physical exercises before beginning the techniques of the day.
It all began with Gyaku Hanmi Katate dori Soto Kaiten Nage and Uchi Kaiten Nage.I had a harder time with the latter but as they say,"Practice makes perfect" and time will tell how well I shall grasp the technique in the months to come.The first hour came to a close with Gyaku Hanmi Katate dori Yonkyo Omote which still gives me a hard time especially performing the 'cut' towards Uke's centre.

Sensei took over the second hour with the following techniques in the Gyaku hanmi Katate dori stance:
a)Uchi Kaiten Sankyo Omote and
b)Nikyo Ura.
Two other techniques from the Yokomenuchi attack were:
a)Tanto dori Gokyo Ura and
b)Ikkyo Ura.
Gokyo is usually among my favourite techniques especially when Uke is forced to release the weapon at hand(eg. a knife).
The day would not be complete with the good old stretch,Haishin undo.....perfect recipe for Monday blues.

No comments: