Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Friday, October 21, 2011 session at the Japan Information and Culture Centre hall

It was yet another Friday and after resting the previous day having been a national holiday,I was looking forward to a very energetic session.

It all began with the all familiar exercises followed by Ushiro and Mae Ukemi from both Suwari waza and Tachi waza which left me sweating and the gi drenched....
The techniques and attacks of the day are as follows in no particular order:
a)Chudan Tsuki Iriminage.
b)Shomen Uchi Sumi Otoshi and Irimi nage.
c)Morote dori Kokyu Ho.
d)Ai Hanmi katatedori Juji nage.
e)Gyaku Hanmi Yonkyo Ura.

The two hour session ended with Kokyu Ho Koyu dosa which to me seems simple when someone else does it but quite a challenge when I try it out...
The technique that stood out for me was Morote dori Kokyu Ho since at first it was a struggle to effectively execute the technique but with guidance from Daniel Sempai I finally got the picture though the execution still lacks continuity.

Great two hour session!

No comments: