Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 session at the Goan Gymkhana

This was going
to be one special Wednesday since we practised Iai Batto-Ho for a whole one hour! It was awesome!
Before that, in the first hour of techniques,Sensei took us through Irimi Nage and Sumi Otoshi from both Shomen Uchi and Chudan Tsuki attacks respectively.
I must confess Sumi Otoshi sends a chill down my spine since I burst my hip bone two weeks ago but all in all,it was a good one hour session capped by Ai Hanmi Katate dori Kote Gaeshi which Sensei used to explain to us how to properly execute the Sumi Otoshi technique till the end.

The second hour was dedicated to a review of Jo Sansho One and I was glad I managed to start on the second part though I am yet to grasp it well.

The third hour as I had earlier hinted was dedicated to Iai Batto-Ho and Sensei reviewed Iwanami,Ukifune Gaeshi and introduced us to Noarashi Gaeshi...Damn I can't wait to own an Iaito and hear it 'whooshing' as I execute a move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, Sammy? You can make swooshing sound with just a bokken? Damn, I knew you had a great potential... I just never realized how great ;-)

But wait till you get to cut with a iaito or a sword... then the swoosh becomes almost transcendent... And also is a great indication of how well you cut.

On more serious note - I am happy you enjoy Batto-ho classes. I was afraid this part of Birankai school would attract very few fans. So glad I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

The swooshing sound from an Iaito not a bokken...lol