Friday, October 28, 2011

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 session at the Goan Gymkhana

Before proceeding any further, I must say it was great seeing Reza back after M.I.A. for quite a while.

The session kicked off with warm up exercises followed by Mae Ukemi from both Suwari Waza and Tachi Waza and I realised thanks to Sensei that I had a bad habit of bending the elbow when executing Mae Ukemi from Suwari Waza.
The techniques we went through in the first hour were as follows:
-Ai Hanmi and Gyaku Hanmi Katate dori Irimi Nage Omote.
-Morote dori Kote Gaeshi(Omote,Ura) and Morote dori Juji Nage.
-Ushiro Ryote dori Kokyu Nage.
-Ryo Kata dori Irimi Nage.
The last two techniques were quite a challenge for me but I gave it my best shot.

The second hour was all Bokken and apart from reviewing Ichi No Tachi, Sensei introduced to us Ni No Tachi which was very interesting only that it was all confusion when it came to switching roles.

Batto-Ho time was here and I had only bits of Iwanami still in my memory but Sensei reviewed it as well as Ukifune Gaeshi and Noarashi Gaeshi before introducing Utsusemi...Awesome session!

No comments: