Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Monday, March 12, 2012 session at the Goan Gymkhana

I always look forward to Monday sessions because during the first hour,it is the only chance during the week that one has the opportunity of having Sensei as Uke and learn the nitty gritty that always seems to evade me from time to time.

Sensei stressed a very important point;that of never diverting the direction of the attack which to me is usually the case as was evident when I tried out Gyaku Hanmi Katatedori Uchi Kaiten Nage Ura.

FIRST HOUR:DANIEL SEMPAI
After warming up,below is what featured during the first hour:

-Tai no tenkan ho.

-Gyaku Hanmi Katatedori Shiho Nage(Omote and Ura).

-Gyaku Hanmi Katatedori Ikkyo(Omote and Ura).

-Gyahu Hanmi Katatedori:Uchi Kaiten Nage and Soto Kaiten nage.

-Suwari Waza Kokyu Ho.

SECOND HOUR:MATEUSZ SENSEI

-Opening for Tenchi Nage whereby,Tori unbalances Uke by guiding his arm towards his weak spot on the imaginary 'triangle'.

-Various versions of Tenchi Nage.

-Ryotedori Kokyu Nage.

-Gyaku Hanmi Katatedori Uchi Kaiten Nage Ura.

-A different opening for Ai Hanmi Katatedori Irimi Nage Ura.

I really look forward to every session because with each session I get to learn something new about Aikido and most importantly,I improve on the execution of the techniques and learn to pay more attention to the finer details of each technique....I also need to learn to make a technique flow instead of breaking it down into parts as I am usually fond of doing.

NEXT SESSION:WEDNESDAY,MARCH 14 AT THE GOAN GYMKHANA.

No comments: