Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 session at the Goan Gymkhana

It was a Wednesday to remember for me as it was the first time ever I had put on a Hakama in readiness for the Iaido session courtesy of Sensei and I felt good in it.

As Sensei had pointed out,Wednesday sessions will feature Tanto during the first hour and I had the priviledge of choosing between 'easy' and 'difficult' techniques and I went for the latter to the chagrin of my colleagues(lol).

FIRST HOUR-AIKIDO WITH MATEUSZ SENSEI

-A quick warm up that featured Tobikoshi Ukemi.

-Chudan Tsuki:Kokyu Nage,Irimi Nage(Omote and Ura).

-Shomen Uchi:a variation of Kokyu Nage.

-Ryo Katadori Kokyu Nage(Omote and Ura).

-'Little Ikkyo' and 'Little Yonkyo'.

SECOND HOUR-JO WITH MATEUSZ SENSEI

Nope there was no Jo Sansho One this time around but Sensei took us through techniques such as:Nikyo,Kokyu Nage and Sumi Otoshi(I guess) using Jo and boy was it a challenge for me especially throwing Uke off balance using a Jo.

THIRD HOUR-IAI BATTO HO WITH MATEUSZ SENSEI

Drum rolls please!!! There I was resplendent in a Hakama for the first time ever and I was out to enjoy the moment though unfortunately there was no snapshot of this precious moment!

Sensei took us through a review of the twelve moves from Shindo Munen Ryu,namely:

-Iwanami

-Ukifune Gaeshi

-Noarashi Gaeshi

-Utsusemi

-Matsukase

-Zangetsu Hidari

-Zangetsu Migi

-Doto Gaeshi

-Raito Gaeshi

-Yoto

-Into

-Inazuma Gaeshi.

The techniques that stood out for me were both 'little Ikkyo' and 'little Yonkyo' and I look forward to learning more of these great techniques.

Great three hour session!!!

NEXT SESSION:FRIDAY,MARCH 16 AT THE JAPAN INFORMATION AND CULTURE CENTRE HALL.