Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 session at the Goan Gymkhana

FIRST HOUR-AIKIDO WITH MATEUSZ SENSEI

This particular session was all about Yokomenuchi:

-Ikkyo(Omote and Ura).

-Nikyo(Omote and Ura).

-Sankyo(Omote and Ura).

The Sankyo 'cut' is still a great challenge to me and I am still wondering when I shall execute it well...

SECOND HOUR-WEAPONS(BOKKEN)WITH MATEUSZ SENSEI

We began with doing Shomen while in a horse stance(Kibadachi)followed by Shomen with both heels touching(I can't recall the name of the stance).

I am not sure of the moves we did using Bokken but all I can say is that after performing Shomen with a Bokken severally,I feel like I am beginning to get the feel of handling a real sword though a lot needs to be done before I can actually handle one well enough.

THIRD HOUR-IAI BATTO-HO WITH MATEUSZ SENSEI

It was Hakama time and I was looking forward to putting on a Hakama for the second time and boy does it feel good...

Sensei reviewed the twelve moves from Shindo Munen Ryu and although I could hardly recall any except Iwanami,I am confident with time and with Sensei's tireless efforts in ensuring that we learn the very best,I shall confidently be able to perform all twelve moves.

Thanks again Sensei for letting me keep the Hakama at least now with a Hakama around me at home,I hope some of Sensei's Aikido mastery shall rub off on me....

No comments: