Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday, May 21, 2015 session at the JICC Conference Room

I took over the warm up session and being a strong advocate for physical fitness, I was drenched in sweat by the time the warm up session was over which included my favourite wheelbarrow push ups as well as Mae and Ushiro ukemi from Suwari Waza not forgetting Mae and Ushiro Shikko.

Tom Sempai took us through the techniques and we began with Tai Sabaki followed by Ikkyo Undo and how to neutralise a Shomen Uchi attack.

What followed was:

-Shomen Uchi Ikkyo Omote.

-Ai Hanmi katatedori Kote Gaeshi Omote.

-Chudan Tsuki Kote Gaeshi.

The session ended with Randori and it was a wake up call especially for myself having being caught off guard by a Tsuki attack which landed on my torso! I realised we needed to do more Randori to acquaint ourselves with real life situations.

ATTENDANCE LIST:

-ODHIAMBO Tom

-MICHUKI Leon

-OKUMU Julius

-NYANG'OR Vincent

-WAITITU Vanessa

-WAMBUGU Michael

-Several 'Aikido enthusiasts'

-MWAKIO Sammy

NEXT SESSION:TUESDAY,MAY 26 @ THE SAME VENUE

No comments: